Summer Lovin': This Seasons Hottest Wedding Trends
Summer, that time in the year where everyone seems to slow down and tow to the rhythm of their environment. Our seasons song, the humming cicada, drowsily moves us on sweaty nights. Work is put away and we emerge from our homes curious again. I love the hot, the sweat, the way people seem to be more IN their bodies, more aware of themselves. I love the buzzing energy that seems to hum under the city, the bright over exposed colors. I long all year for that refreshing dive into a large body of water and to let the sun bake its warmth into my skin. Oof, I am a sucker for summer. I could wax lyrical all day about the merits of this magical yet intangible season, but instead I will show you.
WHY A SUMMER WEDDING IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA!
“You scream, I scream, We all scream for ice cream."
1. ICE CREAM CART. That's right, you heard me. Do you want something fresh, new and delicious for your reception or as a sweet way to greet your guests? A definite favorite amongst party goes and a perfect way to cool down.
2. FAVORS YOUR GUESTS WILL ACTUALLY APPRECIATE AND USE. Is it a fan? Is it a program? IT'S BOTH!
Other awesome Summer wedding favors include: Flip Flops, perfect for a beach ceremony and handy when dancing the night away. Sunglasses, to shield from the rays and give your guests a better viewing experience. Or if you want to get really classy hand out parasols and watch them twirl.
3. (SPIKED) LEMONADE STAND. Quench your thirst and get a little loose.
“Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.”
4. WHY THROW CONFETTI WHEN YOU CAN THROW BEACH BALLS?
6. BRING THE INSIDE OUT. Having an outdoor wedding doesn't mean you have to sacrifice comfort. Bring lounge furniture outside for cocktail hour
7. PICNIC SEATING. Elevate your dining experiencing by getting low, real low, like, on the floor low... with a baguette and some cold cuts that is. Scatter some cushions to make it comfy, load up on bug repellent and sunscreen and have yourselves an old fashioned summer picnic. Now where did I put my parasol?
“At these times, the things that troubled her seemed far away and unimportant: all that mattered was the hum of the bees and the chirp of birdsong, the way the sun gleamed on the edge of a blue wildflower, the distant bleat and clink of grazing goats.”
8. LIGHT UP THE NIGHT. Is there anything more magical then having your first dance surrounded by twinkling lights that hang languid in the thick warm nighttime air? The answer is no, no there is not.
“Summer is always the best of what might be.”
9. SPARKLER SENDOFF. Light up the night with this stunning trend.
10. BYOP. Bring Your Own Puppy. An outdoor wedding is pet friendly. Just remember the doggy water dishes so these pooches can stay hydrated too.